Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Man of the House

Post by Tracy:

I guess its my turn to add stuff! Erin's already posted the pics I took of the Castle during my walk-through on Sunday. I was literally shaking with excitement, and had to get home IMMEDIATELY to download pics from the SD card and share them with her!  Now that you have an idea what the place looks like (albeit with someone else's crap in it), its time to meet Chief Security Officer and Lead Couch Snuggler: Barley J. Wigglebottom, Esq.

A lap's eye view


He's definitely the most loving dog I've ever had the pleasure of adding to my family. He simply lives for snorgling. I love that he wakes up when my alarm goes off in the morning to reposition himself for maximum snugglage for a few minutes of snarfs before the day begins. Don't worry, he's also a pro at sleeping in.



It always ends up like this. No shame!


An active young dog of about 2 1/2, he'll keep us busy in the evenings with long walks and trip to the dog park for some ChuckIt action. For being so boisterous, he's actually very careful with himself, and has never crashed into any bookcases full of horses. He makes up for it by tromping through my shoes lined up by the door in his excitement for a walk.

Lake trip right after I got him. Freckletum, present and accounted for!

So, he'll be the one to greet you with a wagging tail if you come to visit. He was very shy (and most likely abused) when I first got him a year and a half ago from the shelter, but has come a long way with his social skills. I still can't sweep with the broom or say expletives in frustration for any reason without him cowering in a corner and he is still wary of big guys looming over him. He's easy to win over with pets and treats (aren't we all?!), so I hope our guests find the four-legged family members a fun part of their stay. Just bring a lint roller! 

Following photos are copyright Bob Libby:




Gagging from picture overload yet? No? OK!

Black eyeliner and lipstick. 

More? Well, only if you INSIST! Last one!

Unsure of why I was making him stand by himself

ENCORE? Really? 

He has bad conformation- look at those legs! 

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand, I'm done! Ha!


2 comments:

  1. (From Erin)

    I am so coming back to look at this post whenever I need a cuteness overload pick-me-up. He is SO photogenic! We'll have to try and get pics of him and seetmer together, once they tolerate each other...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the best aminals! I'm sure they will mellow out, and then we can flood the blog with their pics. =cD

    ReplyDelete